The Industrial Environmental Association was formed in 1983 to promote responsible, cost-effective environmental laws and regulations, facilitate environmental compliance among member companies and provide related education activities for the community at large. The IEA’s evolution, however, has included an expanding role as the “voice” for manufacturing and associated companies in Southern California, not only on legislative matters but on a variety of environmental issues that affect the quality of life of businesses in the region.
The Industrial Environmental Association actively insists on strong environmental compliance efforts among member companies as a matter of written policy. The IEA organizes a number of educational opportunities for member companies and the greater community including information exchanges, technical workshops, written papers, committees, and an annual conference.
IEA activism aims to prove with deeds as well as words that industrial companies care about the community, both environmentally and economically. IEA believes that industry must be involved in the process of environmental policy-making, and urges reliance on scientific, analytical data to evaluate regulations. The IEA willingly works closely with city and county government officials in an effort to realize environmental and community health protection.
- BAE Systems
- BlueScape Environmental
- Brown & Caldwell
- Callaway Golf
- Chevron Corporation
- Cobham Defense Electronics
- Continental Maritime of San Diego
- CP Kelco
- Cubic Defense Applications, Inc.
- Dentons LLP
- Dexcom, Inc.
- Farmer John
- General Atomics
- General Dynamics NASSCO
- Geosyntec Consultants
- GKN Aerospace Chem-Tronics
- Goodrich (UTC Aerospace Systems)
- Hower Consulting Group
- Illumina, Inc.
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson Matthey Inc.
- Kyocera International
- Latham & Watkins
- Mitsubishi Cement
- M.S. Hatch Consulting
- Nexeo Solutions
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- NRG Energy
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals
- Pillsbury Law
- Poseidon Resources Corp.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Republic Services
- Saint Gobain-Solar Gard
- SCS Engineers
- Sespe Consulting, Inc.
- Sheffield Platers
- Snyder Geologic
- Solar Turbines
- Sony Electronics
- Southern California Edison
- Stantec/MWH Global
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- TRC Solutions
- Varco & Rosenbaum LLP
- Versum Materials
The Industrial Environmental Association’s reach extends far beyond its membership. IEA welcomes partnerships providing open communication channels and shared knowledge with many complimentary organizations and individuals in the region and statewide.
- Navy Region Southwest; Navy Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
- UC San Diego, Valerie Fanning, Environmental Compliance Officer
- UC San Diego, Tod Ferguson, Hazardous Materials Business Plan Manager
- San Diego State University, Bill Lekas
- Cleantech San Diego
- Jane Teranes, Ph.D., Environmental Systems Program, UC San Diego
- Marie Vicario, Program Coordinator and Professor, Southwestern College
- Daniel Hopwood, Environmental Health and Safety Management Department Coordinator, Cuyamaca College
- Richard Gersberg, Ph.D., EH Division Head and Professor, Division of Environmental Health, San Diego State University
- Jan Kleissl, Ph.D., UC San Diego
Boards & Commissions
IEA holds a Board seat or is a member of the following local organizations:
- Business Leadership Alliance (BLA)
- San Diego Environmental Professionals (SDEP)
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- East Village Association
- San Diego Port Tenants Association
- Community Health Improvement Partners (CHIP)
- Water Reliability Coalition (WRC)
- Cleantech San Diego
IEA’s membership collectively participates on over 85 boards, committees, and work groups throughout the region.
Public Policy Partners in Sacramento
- California Manufacturers and Technology Association (CMTA)
- Chemical Industry Council of California (CICC)
- American Chemistry Council
- California Chamber of Commerce